What's more relaxing than watching movies under the stars? If you don't want to invest in a costly flat screen, another option is to setup a projector system outside. An outside projector system can be very large, and modern systems produce a crisp, clear image. Here are some tips for getting the most out of your outdoor system.
● Test the lighting outside first. Before you begin setting up your projector system, take a large sheet and place it where you want your projector to be. This will pick up any ambient lighting from the street or from your neighbors. This is an important step because otherwise, you might not be able to identify issues such as lights from cars on the road.
● Choose the type of screen. For a projector, you can either get a frame screen or an inflatable screen. These vary in size and in cost. If you want the biggest screen possible, you usually want an inflatable screen. But they can be more difficult to maintain, as you need to put them up and take them down. They also take up more space than a frame screen.
● Set up your audio system. A projector isn't enough to create a movie theater atmosphere on its own; you also need a surround sound system. There are special sound systems that are designed for outdoor use, and it may require some installation of poles or systems on fences.
● Talk to your neighbors. Many people forget that their neighbors may have some objections to a giant-sized movie night by their own backyards. Though you're free to do as you wish as long as it isn't too late, you might still want to contact the neighbors to let them know your plans. A friendly invite could also help!
● Get the right projector. Finally, you need to select a projector. What you're looking for is primarily size and lumens. Size will obviously control the format of the projector, while lumens will control the brightness. Usually, brightness is better – for a good picture, you want at least 3,000.
If you have outdoor space that you want to utilize, an outdoor theater system is a great option. Not only is it far less expensive than many interior home theater systems, but it's also a relaxing way to add value to your backyard. For more information, contact the experts at JJ Orion.
Contact Us for More Information